Friday, February 22, 2008

Amsterdam Everything



Or Amsterbam (because I don't want to keep saying the "D" word...)

We left very early but I had some breakfast at 4am. When we got the Stansted there was a delay, they didn't want to put the bags on so I think Easyjet helped them and shouted at them to say they had to put the bags on the plane and maybe they helped Ryanair to put the bags on...

Mummy said there was a broken baggage belt.

We joined a long queue to put our bags in, but it didnt move much. In the end we rushed to the front and ran to the gate so we wouldnt miss our plane. Mummy lost her cheap watch and my heart was beating really fast. But we did make it to the plane. Phew!

We met Papa at Eindhoven Station and I ran into Daddy's arms to get a big hug, and he caught me when I jumped up. We went to Daddy's apartment and after I explored, I relaxed and played with my hairstyle playdough.

On Saturday night we stayed at the Hotel Novotel and I slept in the middle of Mummy and Daddy's bed. In the morning I had a nice bath and made some love potions with the soapy water, so that Mummy and Daddy would love eachother from Valentines Day for every day.

When we went to Daddy's apartment I played my magnetics toy and wrote my secret diary, but then its very sad that I lost it or left it there maybe.

We were staying on a boat for the rest of the week. The boat was really pretty, I fed the ducks and seagulls nearly every morning - they had fruit loaf, muffin and bread. On the boat Jordan and I had our own bedroom, Daddy and Mummy had theirs, and I had lots of space for my dance studio and gymn classes.

We went on the Trams a lot and I used my strippen card. My card was pink - only for children.

In Amsterdam there are lots of bikes, and there is lots of walking. The bikes have their own traffic lights and road. We hired a bike with a cart at the front for me to sit in. I sat in the holdall with my furry coat round my legs to keep warm, it was like a picnic when mummy gave me crisps. I saved some food so that I could eat it while Mummy was going along. Jordan had his own bike.

We cycled far, up and down canals, across bridges, passing Anne Franks house and we saw her statue round the corner. At first we could not see it because there was a whole group of school children around her.

One evening we went to the Pancake Bakery, which was nice because I had the princess pancake and got a fluffy sparkly pretty tiara.

I would love to go back there again, maybe when Papa is not working.

Voila Amsterdam.

No comments: